Monday, January 26, 2009

Quick everyone! Split up!

So it's Australia Day, and while everyone else is out getting plastered and sunburnt our house is a little different. My flatmate is playing Fallout 3 on my Xbox and I'm chewing on a Maxibon and wondering why I have to work tonight. Nestlé is Australian as far as I can tell, so that will do.

Last night I met up with a few buddies and went drinking, which is something I haven't done in a while. And then I was faced with that startling reality: Whenever guys get completely hammered and THEN try to go on a pub crawl, they will undoubtedly get split up and spend precious drinking time trying to find each other by fumbling on their mobile phones. Getting an SMS that says "hey duder im with this chicks come met us at teh back" doesn't help me find you at all. The back of what exactly? And more importantly, did she bring friends?

Here I am with a stripper. You probably weren't there.


The best example I can give would probably be Parklife 2007, where a mate of mine replied to my "Where the hell are you?" with "dude im near the lights, look for the glowsticks". This incredibly descriptive message has two very minor things wrong with it:

1) We're in the middle of Moore Park and there are lights absolutely fucking everywhere
2) It's a music festival - every ecstacy-fuelled pinger brought a crate of glowsticks with them.

I later found him arguing with a bus.

I guess my message to anyone reading this would be IF YOU'RE OUT DRINKING FOR CROM'S SAKE BE SPECIFIC. Dude I'd love to find you again and talk about the time we nearly died but I can't unless you at least tell me which pub you're at. Thanks. I mean it.

3 comments:

  1. At Sensation White on new year's eve, I texted a friend and said, "Come find me, I'm wearing white!"

    But generally speaking, we usually stake out an easily identifiable spot at the start of the night and agree to meet back there at 1am, 3am, etc, to collect anybody who's been lost. Of course, this doesn't work if you are too munted to open your bottle of Mount Franklin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that sometimes works, but the Mount Franklin Clause you mentioned always seems to win out. It's also common to have someone call you on a dancefloor.

    Them: *WALL OF SOUND*
    Me: Hey where are you?
    Them: *WALL OF SOUND*
    Me: OK text me or something, I'll be in hospital getting an EAR TRANSPLANT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is hot!
    by julie

    ReplyDelete